Download the Mirvish App
Theatre Code of Conduct
This page last updated on November 9, 2023
Everyone is welcome.
Mirvish Productions is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience at all of our theatres, including the CAA Theatre, the CAA Ed Mirvish Theatre, Princess of Wales Theatre, and the Royal Alexandra Theatre. The Theatre Code of Conduct is designed to set clear expectations and encourage a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all. Those who do not adhere to the Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection.
Behaviour that is disruptive, potentially harmful to others, or distracts from the performance will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Behaviour or actions that are threatening or violent in nature, including verbal or physical harassment of theatre staff and/or other patrons. This includes the use of abusive language and gestures, threats, cursing, or sexual language.
- Irresponsible use or consumption of illegal drugs or signs of impairment from use of alcohol or other substances.
- Repeated use of cellphones, laptops, or other electronic devices during the performance.
- Repeated photography, and audio or video recording of the performance.
- The carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons.
- Conduct that results in damage to the theatre or other personal property.
- Any form of discrimination or harassment because of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability.
- Any disruptive, harmful, or disorderly behaviour or any act which, in the opinion of Theatre Management, presents a risk to safety of fellow patrons or staff, interferes with the show or otherwise targets other patrons’ enjoyment of the performance.
Patrons are encouraged to report any violations of this Theatre Code of Conduct or any inappropriate behaviour to the nearest usher, security guard or box office staff. Mirvish Productions thanks you for observing this Theatre Code of Conduct and for making each event enjoyable for you, your fellow patrons and theatre staff.