Download the Mirvish App
SIX THE MUSICAL OPENING NIGHT CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA AND WILL BE INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW.
- The “SIX The Musical Opening Night Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored, administered, and the Prize is provided by Ed Mirvish Enterprises Limited - Mirvish Productions (“Mirvish”).
- The Contest begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 6, 2023, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 21, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who at the time of entry: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence.
- Sponsor and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, may not enter the Contest. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “immediate family member” means spouse, (including common law spouse), father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister of the entrant, regardless of where they reside.
How to Enter
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest:
Online Entry. To enter the Contest, at any time during the Contest Period simply fill out the form located at www.mirvish.com/six-opening-night-contest with the following information and click submit:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Checkbox: Check here to sign up to our mailing list to receive information on other theatre news from Mirvish Productions.
All eligible entries are referred to as an “Entry” and collectively “Entries” each eligible individual submitting an Entry is an “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”.
- By submitting an Entry to the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these Official Rules and agree to abide by and be bound by them.
Entry Limitation and Verification
- Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that an Entrant attempted to enter more than once, all Entries of such Entrant will be void.
- Entrants must submit Entries using the correct online entry method and include the required information set out above. Mirvish is not responsible for any late, incomplete or misdirected contest entries.
- Entries are subject to verification at any time and may be disqualified if they are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, irregular, forged, submitted through illicit or unauthorized means, not original to the entrant, or if they contain any false statements or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Official Rules. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual for any reason whatsoever, including any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
- The sole determinant of time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s server(s).
- There is one (1) prize package available to be won with an approximate retail value of one thousand and twenty-eight dollars (ARV $1,028 CAD) consisting of (the “Prize”):
- Two (2) ticket(s) to see the opening night performance of SIX The Musical at the Royal Alexandra Theatre, Toronto on September 28, 2023 at 7:00pm ET, with a retail value of approximately $278;
- Two (2) passes to the post-show opening night party for SIX The Musical on September 28, 2023;
- 1 overnight hotel stay at the Sheraton Centre Hotel Toronto on September 28, 2023, with a retail value of approximately $750.
Prize Redemption Restrictions and Conditions
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without any representations, warranties or conditions whatsoever and Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all such representations, warranties and conditions. The Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and is not convertible to cash. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation a cash award, if the Prize cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The Winner and Guest must abide by all venue policies and conditions, including any Covid or other public health related conditions/restrictions. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke any full or partial Prize from the Winner or the Guest it may deem, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Mirvish or the Prize Provider into disrepute.
- Any and all of the travel (including airfare), meals, ground transportation, personal expenses, surcharges, insurance charges, pre and post travel costs, airport transfers, airport, fuel or other air travel taxes, vehicle rental, cancellation or medical travel insurance related expenses, supplementary ground transportation, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges, property damage, fraud or theft, and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth as included in the Prize as defined in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner and/or Guest.
- Any and all Prize-related expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules as being the responsibility of Prize Provider, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- At 10:00 AM ET on September 22, 2023 (“Draw Date”) at Mirvish head office located at 322 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 1J2, one (1) draw will be conducted by Mirvish representatives who will randomly select one (1) eligible Entrant (the “Selected Entrant”) as a potential winner from all eligible Entries submitted during the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
- The Selected Entrant will be contacted by Mirvish on the Draw Date via e-mail at the email address submitted with their Entry (the “Notification”).
- Before being declared a Winner, the Selected Entrant must, within two (2) business days of the Notification:
- Confirm compliance with these Official Rules by signing and returning a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release”) which:
- releases the Promotion Entities from any liability, losses, damages and expenses which may be suffered or incurred in connection with this Contest or the Prize; and
- provides acknowledgement and consent to the use, without further consideration, of his/her name, city and province/territory of residence, comments and photographs or other likenesses for publicity and promotion purposes by the Promotion Entities in any and all forms of media and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity; and
- Successfully answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of Mirvish, be administered online, by e-mail or other electronic means, by telephone, or in Mirvish’s form of declaration and release) Mirvish may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternative to the mathematic skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
- If a Selected Entrant: (i) does not meet the above requirements, or (ii) is unable to satisfy any of the eligibility requirements set out in these Official Rules, such Selected Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest at the sole discretion of Mirvish and the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Selected Entrant and such Selected Entrant shall have no recourse toward Mirvish or any other person or entity involved in the Contest. In the event that a Selected Entrant is found ineligible, a repeat draw will be conducted from all remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the process set out above. This process will be repeated until a Winner has been declared. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Winner must be confirmed by no later than: 5:00PM ET on September 27, 2023, otherwise, the unclaimed Prize will be null and void.
- Once a Selected Entrant is declared a Winner, they will be advised by Mirvish where and how to redeem their Prize.
- If a Winner indicates to Sponsors they will not be able to collect their Prize, the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Winner and Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate Selected Entrant who has been selected and qualified as a Winner in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) for any other similar conduct. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitations of Liability
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular Entries, Notifications or Declaration and Release documents, or for any Entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error.
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Official Rules, other Contest-related materials, including without limitation, printing or advertising errors, failure of or problems with any other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest howsoever caused.
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any: failure of or problems with the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure, interruption or delay of any entry or e-mail to be transmitted or received or processed, including failure resulting from technical, human or other error or theft; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an entrant's computer or mobile device or to any other individual's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; any communication not received due to an entrant’s spam filter, user’s system or internet connection; and late, lost misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential Winner.
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible if any factor beyond their reasonable control, including weather, event cancellations, strike, lockout or any other labour dispute at their locations or the locations of any other organization or business whose services are used to fulfill this Contest, prevent any Prize or any component of a prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or a substitute component of the Prize, as applicable, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- Under no circumstances will the Promotion Entities be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Official Rules or award the Prize other than in accordance with these Official Rules.
Protection of Personal Information
- By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that the Promotion Entities may communicate with entrants via e-mail with respect to communicating the results of the Contest and the awarding of the Prize. No marketing communications will be received by entrants unless entrants provide Sponsor with explicit permission to do so.
- FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS, ANY LITIGATION RESPECTING THE CONDUCT OR ORGANIZATION OF A PUBLICITY CONTEST MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE RÉGIE DES ALCOOLS, DES COURSES ET DES JEUX FOR A RULING. ANY LITIGATION RESPECTING THE AWARDING OF A PRIZE MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE RÉGIE ONLY FOR THE PURPOSES OF HELPING THE PARTIES REACH SETTLEMENT.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to modify, suspend, terminate or reinstate the Contest or the Official Rules at any time, without notice, and for any reason. If the Contest is terminated, in whole or in part, before the designated date, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- All Entries become the property of Mirvish and will not be returned and no correspondence regarding the Contest will be made with or entered into except with the Selected Entrant(s) and the Winner.
- The Winner’s first and last name will be publicly available at the Mirvish Administrative Office at 322 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 1J2 and may be posted on mirvish.com and other marketing channels or websites, social media, publications or materials of Sponsor.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Official Rules, the English version shall govern and control.
//End Official Rules