Download the Mirvish App
Mirvish Productions is a Canadian theatre management and production company, based in Toronto, founded by David Mirvish in 1987. Mirvish Productions is, today, Canada's largest commercial theatre production company. Mirvish Productions owns and operates four magnificent theatres in downtown Toronto - the Royal Alexandra, the Princess of Wales, the CAA Ed Mirvish and the CAA Theatre - each offering its patrons a unique theatregoing experience.
USHER - FRONT OF HOUSE
This position reports to Front of House Manager.
- Ticket taking, directing and leading patrons to seats.
- Monitoring audience members during a performance.
- Identifying and resolving potential interruptions to patron enjoyment during a performance.
- Reviewing and complying with Health and Safety Procedures, Emergency Preparedness, Fire Safety and issues of Accessibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in customer service.
- Problem solving and quickly adapting to various situations.
- Strong communication skills when speaking with both patrons and co-workers.
- A positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Concession sales experience and cash handling skills an asset, but not required.
Working in a theatre, this position will be required to work evenings, weekends, occasional weekdays and holidays. A typical work week will be 36 hours: Tuesday - Saturday evenings, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Starting Date: April 5, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario (On-site)
Annual Salary: $15/hr to $20/hr based on experience
Mirvish Productions is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. Mirvish Productions is dedicated to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our HR Department know.
If you have the appropriate qualifications for this role and believe you would be able to make a beneficial contribution to Mirvish Productions, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF document by Friday, May 20, 2022 prior to 5:00PM to email@example.com.
Please include Competition #2022-002, Usher - Front of House on the subject line.
Mirvish Productions recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.